Veteran Educational Benefits

  • Eligibility

    Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences is approved by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) for the certification of students eligible to receive VA educational benefits. KCU also participates in the Yellow Ribbon program. To determine eligibility, students are required to contact the DVA. The School Certifying Official is Jerry Belcher, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, who will assist students receiving VA education benefits by certifying your enrollment status to the VA.

    Getting Started

    Follow the steps below to begin the process of determining your eligibility for receiving VA educational benefits and to have your enrollment certified with the VA.

    1. Apply for DVA Education Benefits (DVA Form 22-1990) or Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (DVA Form 22-1995) if you have previously used your benefits at different institutions. DVA forms may be found on the DVA's website.

    2. Once you are notified by the DVA of your eligibility to receive educational benefits, submit the following documents to the School Certifying Official:

    • DD-214 Discharge Document (provided by your military branch at completion of enlistment) or Notice of Basic Eligibility Form 2384 (provided by your unit)
    • Certificate of Eligibility (provided by the DVA after the processing of your benefits application)

    Veteran's Information
    Matters pertaining to the Veteran's Administration should be directed to the Director of Financial Aid.