COVID-19 Self-Screening Information
Updated July 19, 2021 | Questions? Email email@example.com
Only approved campus members (faculty, staff, students) are permitted on either the KC or Joplin campus at this time and all who can conduct their work from home, should. In order to reduce the potential risk of exposure and prevent the spread of COVID-19, every day prior to entering campus, campus members must conduct a self-screen. Using the KCU Safety App from your phone, tap on the Health Screen button.
Screening questions will be as follows:
Self-Declaration by team member (all with yes/no options):
- Is your temp greater than or equal to 100.0 F today?
- Have you had close contact with, or cared for someone with a presumed case of, or been diagnosed with, COVID-19 within the last 14 days? (Outside of clinical faculty member exemption.)
Have you attended a group gathering of 10 or more people inside, or 25 or more people outside, where you or other participants were not in masks and that did not allow opportunities for social distancing?
Examples: If you were at an outdoor wedding with 30 people in attendance and people were in masks and there was social distancing in place, you would mark "No" for this question.
If you were at a house party with 15 people in attendance and people were not in masks or adhering to social distancing guidelines, you would mark "Yes" for this question.
- Are you currently or have you experienced any of the following new symptoms, not attributable to another medical condition: fever, chills, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, respiratory illness, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, decreased or loss of smell or taste, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea/diarrheal illness?
If the answer is “yes” to any of the questions, you have a Positive Screening. Instructions are below.
The following process will be followed for screening outcomes:
- Campus members with all negatives on the questionnaire will be cleared to proceed onto campus. Approval will come in the form of an approval screen (green checkmark and a date/time stamp - see image on right) upon the successful completion of the questionnaire; this is considered a Go screening outcome.
- The approval screen should be screenshot by campus members prior to arriving on campus.
- Students will need to display their approval screen on their mobile device when they arrive to the classroom or lab to be checked by faculty or fellows in that classroom or lab space.
- Employees may be asked to display their approval screen on their mobile device at any time when they are on campus.
- Being physically on campus without having evidence of a Go screening outcome may result in a conduct policy violation for employees and/or students and may be subject to disciplinary measures.
- If approved for on-campus activities all campus members should continue to practice social distancing, proper hand washing and sanitizing exercises, and wear appropriate protective measures and PPE as directed.
- Campus members with any positives on the questionnaire will not be cleared to enter campus and will be required to stay home; this is considered a No-Go screening outcome.
- Individuals who receive a No-Go screening outcome will be directed to contact Score 1 for Health (1-877-425-0251) for additional dialogue and next steps.
What to Do if You Are Sick
Who is my KCU contact?
Score 1 For Health (1-877-425-0251) will be the initial point of contact for all KCU employees. Score 1 will assist in the communication to supervisors and HR to ensure that status of individuals is known while providing a single point of contact and repository for health matter intake and also maintaining a level of confidentiality relative to specific health issues. Score 1 will assist with follow-ups for positive screenings, expanded contact tracing, and general questions.
What if I have a Positive Screening?
Employees with any positives on the screening questionnaire, exhibiting symptoms and/or have a temperature greater than 100.0 will be required to stay home and make contact with Score 1 at 1-877-425-0251.
Return to campus after a positive screening can be accomplished by passing the self-screen, or clearance from a healthcare provider (i.e. reported symptom that resulted in positive screening was evaluated and attributed to another medical condition).
What if I have a positive COVID-19 viral test?
Employees who test positive for COVID-19 during the KCU testing events will be notified by KCU’s Score 1 for Health and will receive instructions for proceeding. Students who do not have a health-care provider within your campus community will be referred to one of KCU’s clinical partners. Return to campus can be accomplished only after receiving clearance from your health-care provider with the criteria of having no fever, improved symptoms, and receiving two negative COVID-19 viral tests in a row, taken at least 24 hours apart.