The health and safety of our campus communities continue to be a top priority here at KCU. The university's Health and Safety Committee leads the efforts in mitigating risks associated with COVID-19, and provides this website as a consolidated resource for information about the university's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Current University Status - 1/12/22
- For Students: Score 1 activities scheduled for the week of January 17-21 will be canceled at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and work with our partners in an attempt to identify scheduling alternatives at a later date in the semester.
- We have made the difficult decision to postpone the upcoming White Coat Ceremonies scheduled for January 28 in Joplin and February 6 in Kansas City. Read more.
- While not mandated by KCU at this time, please arrange to receive a COVID-19 vaccination booster as soon as possible. Presence of the Omicron variant now makes this extremely critical for your health and well-being. You can find additional information and locations for COVID-19 vaccines and boosters in Missouri here and national resources here.
- Spring 2022 semester classes began on Monday, January 10. For further information regarding protocols surrounding the return to campus and surveillance testing, please refer to this Message from our Office of Health and Wellness.
- Upon return to campus in January, KCU will continue with its current mitigation strategies that everyone wear masks and complete the KCU Health Screen each day.
COVID-19 and the current global pandemic have reshaped higher education as a whole, and throughout the pandemic KCU remained dedicated to providing high-quality education even in unprecedented times. The KCU community has safely returned to campus with the focus and dedication to make the health and safety of fellow students, faculty, staff and their respective families the driving factor behind our daily choices. Please take a look at our video to see how we have protected each other.
Follow all guidelines -- wear a mask, maintain social distancing, and avoid inside gatherings.
Keep in mind how your choices impact those around you.
Protect Each Other.