Classes & Tutorials
The D'Angelo Library offers a wide variety of classes designed to assist users in developing skills in research, information management and specific library resources.
Library Medical Informatics (MSI) – This is designed as a general information class and introduction to the library for first-year students.
- Database Refresher Class (MSII) – This is required for students prior to beginning their first clinical clerkship year.
- Bioethics Introduction to Library Resources
- College of Biosciences Introduction to Library Resources and Research
- Anatomy Fellows Research Class
- OMT Fellows Research Specific Class
- New Faculty Orientation to Library Resources
- Introduction to PubMed
- Introduction to Research
- What’s New in Library Resources
- Ovid and PubMed Tips for Research
- Where to Publish My Article? Impact Factors and How to Find Them
- Medical Statistics Resources
- Utilizing Library Resources (designed for faculty/staff)
- E-Portfolios in Medical Education (designed for faculty/staff)
- Database Specific Class
Classes and individual sessions can be scheduled by contacting the Access Services Desk at 816-654-7260 or the Digital Services/Reference Librarian at 816-654-7264.
Several tutorials are available and provide quick assistance to some of our databases. Contact the Library for more specialized tutorials or classes.