Durant Family Medicine Clinic
AllianceHealth Durant is a teaching facility. The training facility offers rural training for a well-rounded family physician. At AllianceHealth Durant you will find a trained and dedicated staff that provides patients with the highest level of care and compassion possible.
The hospital has been recognized as a "Top 100 Hospital" for six consecutive years. Durant is located in south-central Oklahoma only ten miles from Lake Texoma, one of the largest man-made lakes in the United States. It is a progressive community with a thriving, diversified local economy.
Durant is a beautiful city with a large number of magnolia trees lining the streets. Durant has officially been recognized by the Oklahoma State Legislature as the Magnolia Capital of Oklahoma. The annual Magnolia Festival is the weekend following Memorial Day and is attended by tens of thousands of people each year and has a wide variety of family-oriented activities.
The hospital is affiliated with Osteopathic Medical Education Consortium of Oklahoma and KCU's College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Bed Capacity - 140
- Operational Beds - 140
- Occupancy - 71.4%
- Admissions - 8,296
- ER Visits - 22,930
- Births - 1,149
- Inpatient Surgery - 1,485
- Outpatient Surgery - 3,177
- DOs on Staff - 28
- MDs on Staff - 65
- Family Medicine (1 block) Inpatient/Outpatient
- Internal Medicine (2 blocks) Inpatient/Outpatient
- Surgery (2 blocks) Inpatient/Outpatient
- Ob/Gyn (1 block) Inpatient/Outpatient
- Pediatrics (1 block) Inpatient/Outpatient
- Psychiatry (1 block) Off-site - Psychiatry is completed out of town, and housing is generally provided for this block.
This site schedules clinical experiences in four week increments.
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Wound Care
Clerkships may be scheduled in family medicine and various sub-specialties.
- Family Medicine
- Traditional Rotating Internship
Resources & Benefits
- Facility Resources: Students will have access to the medical library, computers, internet, printers and phones while on duty at the hospital.
- Meal Benefits: Meals provided to students while on duty.
- Visiting Student Housing: Housing is available for visiting fourth-year students on a first come, first served basis at a cost of $150 per month (price is subject to change).
Duties & Opportunities
- Student Duties: As assigned by the site, preceptor or service.
- OMT/OPP Opportunities: Opportunities for skill development in OMT/OPP is provided in the clinical setting during Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Ob/Gyn and Pediatric clerkships.
Unique Site Characteristics
- Background Check and Drug Screen is required annually
- TB Mask Fit is provided by the hospital
- TB Screening and Influenza Vaccine is required annually
- BLS and ACLS Certifications must be current
- Orientation is provided on the first day of the clerkship