St. Joseph Health Center
St. Joseph Health Center, Warren, Ohio and its Mercy Health Partner Partner affiliates, St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital and St. Elizabeth Boardman, offer a broad scope of health care services committed to provided pre- and post-doctoral trainees with a full integrated clinical experience.
- Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- AT Still University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Des Moines University
- KCU's College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Bed Capacity - 141
- Admissions - 8,060
- ER Visits - 40,396
- Births -827
- Inpatient Surgeries - 1,351
- Outpatient Surgeries - 5,032
- DOs on Staff - 86
- MDs on Staff - 215
- Family Medicine (1 block) Outpatient
- Internal Medicine (2 blocks) Inpatient/Outpatient
- Surgery (2 blocks) Inpatient/Outpatient
- Ob/Gyn (1 block) Inpatient/Outpatient
- Pediatrics (1 block) Outpatient
- Psychiatry (1 block) Inpatient
This site schedules clinical experiences in four-week increments.
Clerkships may be scheduled in the following areas:
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- as well as various sub-specialties
- Emergency Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
Resources & Benefits
- Facility Resources: Students will have access to the medical library, clinical simulation laboratory, computers, internet, printers copiers and phones while on duty at the hospital. Students will also have access to the intern-resident lounge and on-site employee fitness center.
- Visiting Student Housing: Housing is available at a reduced weekly rate of $25, plus student meal allowance.
Duties & Opportunities
- Student Duties: Students may be required to participate in evening call and weekend rounds as each rotation specifies.
- Didactic Opportunities: Students are required to participate in lectures, clinical skills labs, journal clubs and tumor board activities as assigned.
- OMT/OPP Opportunities: Monthly OMM skill labs are offered as part of didactics. Other opportunities for skills development in OMM are provided daily while on clerkships.