The KCU-GME Consortium Faculty Development Program was developed for medical educators. As resident educators, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) mandates core faculty participate in annual faculty development activities. KCU GME provides the proper tools to ensure success as a residency educator. This comprehensive faculty development program empowers faculty members to excel and create vibrant and optimal learning environments.
Menu of Faculty Development Program Activities for 2019-2020
Watch “Teaching Effective Transitions of Care,” by Dr. Allison Smith.
Watch “Evaluating the Learner: All are Competent,” by Dr. Charles Orth.
Watch “Recognizing and Mitigating Fatigue & Impairment: Residents and GME Faculty,” by Dr. Cindy Schmidt.
Watch “GME Faculty Identification of Burnout, Depression, and Substance Abuse” by Dr. Nauman Ashraf.
Watch “How to Give Constructive Feedback” by Dr. Nathan Miller.
Watch “Supervising Resident Unprofessional Behavior,” by Dr. Rob McNab.
Watch "Suicide Prevention" by Dr. Nauman Ashraf.
Consider participating in the Maslach Burnout Inventory distributed by KCU GME.
Complete the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Basic Certificate in Safety and Quality Improvement program no later than September 2019, and again every five years.
KCU GME Core Faculty are expected to participate in Faculty Development Activities as outlined in the menu. Faculty must report their activity to KCU GME on an annual basis.
Additional Faculty Development Resources available include:
- AAMC Exploring Unconscious Bias in Academic Medicine
- Annual GME Retreat recorded presentations
- IHI GME Development courses
- Milestones and the Clinical Competency Committee resources
- Osteopathic Manipulation Treatment (OMT) Resources and recorded didactic sessions
- Providing Effective Feedback: Pitfalls and Pearls by Dr. Allison H. Ferris
- Teaching by Observation: How to Improve Residents’ Skills by Dr. Eric Holmboe
- Teaching Learners How to Speak Up Effectively by Dr. Ira Bedzow
- Teaching Physician.org Faculty Development videos, tips, and in-depth information on teaching topics
For additional information and access, please contact KCU GME at firstname.lastname@example.org.