KCU Path Towards Racial Equity
Office of Diversity and Inclusion's Vision and Mission
Diversity at Kansas City University is a process of inclusion that will allow our Institution to strengthen its leadership role in the 21st Century. Through the complete integration of Diversity into all of the University’s core activities, we will unleash the dynamic potential of the entire community. In essence, new ideas and concepts that flow from Diversity are vital to our quest of being considered a premiere top-tier excellent Institution.
- We all share in the responsibility to create a positive culture and to safeguard equity, inclusion, dignity, and respect for all. Each member of the University community—faculty, staff and students—should be a role model for others.
- We strive for excellence and recognize that our differences make us stronger. We respect and seek out inclusion of differences, realizing we can learn from each other.
- Affirming diversity is an essential element in accomplishing the research, teaching, and service missions of the School of Medicine.
- Affirming diversity is critical in providing culturally competent healthcare.
- A diverse physician workforce is essential to meet the needs of the rapidly changing demographics of today’s environment.
The mission of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is to foster an inviting learning environment for faculty, staff and students who bring varied human characteristics, backgrounds, interests and points of views that serve to enrich the Kansas City University Community. We will continually endeavor to facilitate, build and create interaction, understanding and dialogue between our diverse cultures to achieve an increased inclusive community. Our collective goal is to instill Diversity into our University’s consciousness; reinforce it with equity and excellence through our policies, practices and programs; and prepare all members of the community for a multicultural world.