Guest Hooder Information
All COM and COB two-year track graduates may choose to have a guest hooder for the ceremony. Those who do not have a guest hooder will be hooded by KCU appointed faculty.
Guest Hooder requirements for COM graduates:
If you wish to have a Guest Hooder, he/she must belong to one of the following categories:
- A family member that is a DO, MD or MBBS (medical degree granted in some countries outside of the United States).
- A current (this academic year) Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (KCU) faculty member.
Note: If you wish to have a past KCU faculty, preceptor or adjunct faculty member hood you, written approval must be received by Dr. Mike Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org and sent to email@example.com.
Guest Hooder requirements for COB two-year track graduates:
Guest Hooder, he/she must belong to one of the following categories:
- A family member that is a PhD, DO, MD or MBBS (medical degree granted in some countries outside of the United States).
- Your research faculty mentor
Please note the following guidelines for Hooders:
- You must complete all information in the Guest Hooder request section of the Commencement Form and submit payment of $75 (for their cap and gown) by February 3. No exceptions to this deadline.
If your Guest Hooder has his/her own full academic attire or is a current KCU faculty member, there will not be a charge; however, you still must complete the Guest Hooder request section of the Commencement Form.
- Invite your Guest Hooder prior to completing the form to confirm his/her acceptance and obtain academic attire information.
- Each Guest Hooder must wear full academic attire in order to hood you during the ceremony. You are responsible for picking up the purchased attire for your Guest Hooder on May 9.